SPICED COCONUT TEA CAKE
YOU WILL NEED:
- ¼ cup Nomad spiced coconut latte
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 60g melted butter (additional may be needed to grease tin)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced).
- Combine butter and sugar, followed by the milk, and give a generous mix.
- Next, sift in the coconut, spiced coconut mix, flour and cinnamon and mix until all is combined.
- Grease baking tin with some butter to ensure the cake doesn’t stick.
- Pour cake mix into the baking tin and place in the oven for 40mins.
- Once cake is cooked, allow it to cool in the tin before flipping onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with some icing sugar or top with your favourite buttercream and toppings.
- Enjoy it with spiced coconut latte or a hot chocolate
Topping ideas: poached pears, apples or quince, toasted coconut, dried fruit