HOT CHOCOLATE BOMB WITH AUSTRALIAN NATIVE
Escape the ordinary with these fun, delicious and magical hot chocolate bombs made using Australian Native Hot Chocolate. When you pour hot milk into the mug they melt and magically release the the marshmallows hiding inside. Recipe created by our customer @coffeepeople
YOU WILL NEED
- 350 g Nomad Buttons 72% dark
- 6 tbsp Nomad Australian Native Hot Chocolate
- 6 large or 18 small vegan marshmallows
- Break the chocolate buttons
- Place two-thirds of it in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a bain-marie.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie and add the remaining chocolate one-third at a time. Mix gently. The last portion must have melted before you add the next one.
- Return the bowl to the bain-marie so that it does not cool down excessively.
- You will need hemispherical moulds for the cocoa bombs. Paint melted chocolate onto the moulds and refrigerate until set. Then add a second layer and repeat.
- Once the chocolate hemispheres have set, carefully remove them from the moulds.
- Pour the water out of the bain-marie and turn it upside-down. You can melt the rim of the chocolate hemispheres on the warm base of the bain-marie in order to assemble them as full spheres.
- Take one hemisphere and gently rub it twice over the warm base of the bain-marie.
- Fill it with a tablespoon of cocoa drink powder and marshmallows. If you are using large marshmallows, first cut them into three or four smaller pieces.
- Take another hemisphere and rub it over the base of the bain-marie as well until its rim has melted slightly. Next, carefully bring the two halves together.
- Allow the cocoa bombs to set. Use hundreds and thousands to decorate them or drizzle them with melted chocolate.
- When serving, heat up 300 ml of your favourite plant-based beverage and pour it over the cocoa bomb in a mug. The shell will break down, releasing the cocoa and marshmallows it contains.