COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU
Inspired by Pretty Simple Sweet we have put our own spin on classic chocolate tiramisu. This classic recipe is perfect for a light desert that kids and adults can indulge in together.
YOU WILL NEED
For the filling:
- 227 g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 65 g granulated sugar
- about 200g (18-24 units) ladyfingers
- Grated Nomad Chocolate Ecuador 72% dark or Nomad Drinking Chocolate West Africa 45% Dark, to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons of Nomad Drinking Chocolate West Africa 45% Dark
- 85g Nomad Chocolate Buttons 72% Dark
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine hot water, Nomad Drinking chocolate.Set aside and cool slightly.
- Place chocolate buttons and cream in a medium heat-proof bowl. Set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place mascarpone and vanilla paste and whisk vigorously until creamy and smooth.
- In a different mixer bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk together thickened cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into mascarpone in 2 additions until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon a small teaspoon of the mascarpone cream mixture on the bottom of the glass.
- Dip ladyfingers very quickly (less than a second) into the chocolate syrup.
- Break each one into 4 pieces and place them at the bottom of the glasses (you don’t have to use all 4 pieces at once; it depends on the size of the glass.).
- Spoon a dollop of the mascarpone cream mixture on top.
- Add a thin layer of chocolate ganache, about 1-1.5 teaspoons, on top of the mascarpone cream.Repeat once more and finish with another layer of mascarpone cream.
- Dust the top with drinking chocolate powder or grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours until set.
Tiramisu will keep for 3 days in the fridge.