CHOCOLATE PAVLOVA WITH RASPBERRIES AND PISTACHIO
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 200g cups of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoon Nomad Chef's Cocoa
- 375 ml pouring thickened cream or an ice cream
- 20g icing sugar, sifted (optional)
- 250g rasberries
- 2 tablespoons crashed raw pistachios
- Preheat oven to 120°C (248°F).
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 20 seconds between each addition.
- Once all the sugar has been added, add 1 teaspoon of Nomad Chef’s Cocoa. Gently scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk for a further 5 minutes or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Add the vinegar and whisk for 4 minutes or until glossy and combined
- Place 6 large spoonfuls of the mixture on a large, lightly greased baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Dust with the rest of the cocoa powder and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven to cool completely.
- Place the cream and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Top the meringues with the cream mixture or a vanilla ice-cream, raspberries and pistachios to serve. This recipe serves 6.
Inspired by Donna Hay