CHOCOLATE CARROT CAKE
Who can say no to a delicious carrot cake bursting with carrot and chocolate flavours? Made with the natural sweetness of carrots and less sugar this fluffy chocolate carrot cake is perfectly finished with a cream cheese frosting. Create by @_naturally_peachy for the ultimate moment of indulgence.
- 4 medium carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup Nomad Drinking Chocolate West Africa 45% Dark
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (fan forced) and line two round baking tins with baking paper.
- Start by grating all 4 carrots and squeezing the juice out of them. Place in a large bowl followed by the eggs, milk, oil and maple syrup. Give this a slight mix.
- Sift in your flour, drinking chocolate, bicarb soda, sugar and salt into the bowl and combine with a wooden spoon. The mix should start to form and cake batter and once you’re happy with the consistency, pour equal parts into the two baking tins.
- Place the cakes into the oven for 30 mins or until a knife comes out clean from the centre. Allow the cakes to cool and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Measure out 300g of block butter into a mixing bowl and beat for 6-8 mins on high. This should ensure the butter is a pale yellow and then you can begin adding your icing sugar.
- Slowly add a 500g icing sugar mix into the butter and beat on high. Add 1-2tbsp of water to help make a smooth buttercream consistency.
- Smear the buttercream between the two cake layers and all around the outside.
- Decorate with some toasted coconut and mini easter eggs.
- Serve and enjoy with Nomad Hot Chocolate